|Individual and small group instrumental teaching* 1
|Large group instrumental teaching (8 pupils or more)* 1
|First Access* 2
|Instrument hire (individual brass pupils)
||£52.00 per year
|Instrument hire (brass First Access set)||£188.50 + VAT per year (LA schools)
£222.00 inc. VAT per year (non-LA schools)
|Whole class singing/vocal ensembles
|GCSE & A Level Consultancy
||£42.00 (when available)
||£130 full day / £75 half day
- 100% reduction in fees for pupils who are Looked After/In Care (LAC) – this is through a partnership with Wiltshire Virtual School.
- 70% reduction for pupils eligible for Pupil Premium and/or Free School Meals.
- 70% reduction for pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability.
- 40% reduction for pupils who schools classify as vulnerable for other reasons and who are unlikely to take up (or continue) lessons as a result of economic or social circumstances. This is at the school’s discretion.
Schools booking an Associate Provider (First Access) at no less than £41.21 per hour can:
- Schools with a Year 3 intake of up to 30 pupils can claim £5.39 towards 30 minutes of tuition
- Schools with a Year 3 intake of 31-60 pupils can claim £8.09. towards 60 minutes of tuition
- Schools with a Year 3 intake of 61 pupils or more can claim £10.80 towards 90 minutes of tuition
Levels of subsidy are calculated on a school’s intake in Year 3 but the provision itself does not have to be for Year 3 pupils.
The real cost to the school for a standard 30 minute session charged at £42.00 per hour therefore becomes £15.61.
Subsidy must be claimed in advance through Wiltshire Music Connect, in conjunction with the provider. Luke Pickett will liaise with schools to set up meetings to assist with this.
If schools take advantage of the ‘early bird’ offer, the subsidy can be increased by up to a further £2.50 making the costs to schools £13.11 for the first 30 minutes, provided that bookings are confirmed with Luke Pickett and Wiltshire Music Connect by 12noon on Monday 7th June 2021.
Further details and the subsidy request form can be found here.